Thursday, October 25, 2007

Upside to Transportation

So in my last blog I tried to paint a good picture for you about riding the buses. The thing that I forgot to tell you was the upside to these buses. They are CHEAP! So, this is why a Muzungu (white person in Uganda) may lose their senses for a brief moment and purchase a ticket to ride on one one these buses, which once they board they ask themselves, "what was I thinking?" I have one very funny story from a friend who rode one of these buses to Rwanda. He actually was able to get in a seat, which afterwards he regretted and would have gladly exchanged it to the person standing up in the aisle.
He was packed into the seat like a sardine and the woman sitting next to him decided to raise her arms over her head and fall asleep. Not only did he have to endure the hours of snoring and stench, but the hairy arm pit and exposed breast!

No comments: